Field GeologistApply Now
The Company is currently seeking expressions of interest for Field Geologists for our upcoming field season projects. The right candidates will need strong communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to work autonomously, attention to detail when collecting data and safe workplace attitudes. They must also have proficient skills with modern software and data entry.
The Field Geologist will report to the Supervising Geologist, focusing on drilling operations and data acquisition. The shift schedule will be a “14 on/7 off” with 7 days and 7 nights per shift.
Summertime in the wonderful Elk Valley allows for many recreational activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and fishing. Shared accommodation in a house or apartment rather than a mining camp will be provided. This is a good opportunity for someone not familiar with the area to explore a beautiful corner of British Columbia.
- Provide on-site supervision of drilling operations, ensuring that company safety policies are adhered to by all employees and contractors on the exploration site;
- Good attitude towards safe and efficient operations in the field;
- Positively contribute to the team and assist in the advancement of the Company;
- Ensure that drilling, access and geophysical contractors are properly organized and in position to obtain the required data;
- Supervision and liaison with field staff, contractors, consultants and landowners;
- Accurate collection of all exploration data;
- Data entry using company-based database software;
- Geological core/chip logging and sampling;
- Diligent QA/QC implementation and evaluation;
- Interpret and summarise exploration results;
- Minimum bachelor’s degree majoring in Geology, preferably with 2 years experience in Coal Exploration;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with logging software essential;
- Demonstrated ability to learn, set achievable goals and achieve tasks as required;
- Flexible and adaptable, showing understanding and appreciation of different views;
- Exceptional communication skills including highly skilled written and verbal communication, literacy and presentation skills;
- Ability to work in remote locations and prepared to live and work in temporary exploration camps.
- Previous exploration/remote experience desirable;